14 July 2018 \\ Liège \\ Belgium
Come to Liège
By bus, train or plane, there are so many possibilities to come in the FIery City.
Liège is nearby many international airports and have an international station in the heart of the city centre.
It is very easy to come to Liège
• Liège, the biggest city in Wallonia, is situated in the French-speaking part of Belgium
• There are 2 main airports in Belgium : Brussels South Charleroi Airport (CRL) and Brussels Airport (BRU)
• Airports of Maastricht and Weeze (Dusseldorf) are also possibilities to come to Liège
To go to Liège from :
• Brussels South Charleroi Airport to Liège : 85 kilometers
• Brussels Airport : 90 kilometers
• Maastricht Airport (NED) : 40 kilometers
• Weeze (Dusseldorf) : 130 kilometers
• Cologne : 135 kilometers
• Eindhoven : 130 kilometers
You come by air
The Local Organizing Committee offers a wide shuttle service to and from the airports, as there are no less than 6 airports to be served. The transfer times from/to the airports are the following:
- Brussels National Airport (BRU): 1h30
- Brussels South Charleroi Airport (CRL) : 1h30
- Maastricht Airport (MST): 30 minutes
- Köln (Cologne) Airport (CNG): 2h
- Weeze (Dusseldorf) Airport (DUS): 2h
- Eindhoven Airport (EIN): 2h
The transfer costs vary from 18 to 20 € per person per way depending on your arrival / departure airport.
You come by train
It is very easy to reach Liège by train. The station of Liège-Guillemins (BE) presents the particularity of hosting two networks of high-speed train : the Thalys and the ICE. Thalys is the high-speed red train connecting Liège to Paris in 2h10, and Amsterdam in only 2h50. ICE is the high-speed white train that connects Liège to Berlin or Munich in less than 6 hours.
The LOC provides a shuttle service between the station and your accommodation for a moderate fee.
You come by the road
Situated at the crossroads of several European roads (E42, E40, E25, E313), Liège is very easily accessible by the road. The LOC does not provide shuttles for participants arriving by road. You are therefore supposed to arrive by your own means to your accommodation. The LOC provides parking for busses that should stay one or more days.